Friday, February 27, 2015

10,000

If "The Star-Spangled Banner" is the anthem for the United States, and if "God, Save the Queen" is the anthem of the United Kingdom, then what is the worship and religious anthem of the Church? Well, that answer is "10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)" by Matt Redman.

This song came out back in 2011, but I never considered it as a worship and religious anthem for the church  I just thought that it was a great song to sing about worshiping God. Then one day, I received a newsletter from my junior high school and they described this song as the religious anthem of the church. When I read that, I was amazed and I totally agreed with what was said. I remember saying to myself, "I wish I could've been there to hear it." Nowadays that I'm in college, this song will be sung either in chapel or at my church that I attend.

The first time that I ever sang this song with other people was at my college's orientation. The only thing I remember was hearing the opening notes and being like "Wow, we're singing this." or something like that. I then sang this song with all my heart, and with both hands (I think) raised in the air. It's one thing to hear this song on the radio and sing it alone, but it's an entire different experience to hear other Christians singing this.

Another time we sang this song was during a Sunday worship service. The song was in a key that I could sing and it was just an acoustic guitar. This was the first time that I recorded it on my phone to have as a memory. I'm listening to it right now as I am typing. It brings back some nice memories.

 The most vivid memory that I have was at the end of January of this year during Olivet's Winter Revival. There were even times that I just stopped singing just so I could hear everyone else. It sounds so beautiful (even if the song was in a different key), just to hear a small church that's all filled to capacity sing this song. It sounds like a heavenly choir! I do have this version recorded as well.

It's hard to say which of these 3 memories is my favorite, more specifically the second and third one. They both have something that is memorable to me. The first one is memorable because it was the first time I ever sang it with a bunch of other people, but I don't have a recording of it. I wish I did, though. Oh well, at least I have the memory of it in my head. 

I'm not sure what else to say about this song. It's so amazing to hear and sing to God. So, I will just end with this:

My favorite number
10,000
Why?
10,000 reasons for my heart to find; 10,000 years and then forevermore.

Here are the lyrics to this amazing song. Oh, check out the album that this song is on. It's called "10,000 Reasons). There are some other really great songs on there as well, 

"10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)" by Matt Redman

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

[Chorus]
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

[Chorus]
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore

[Chorus x2]
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

Jesus, I'll worship Your holy name
Lord, I'll worship Your holy name

Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name
Jesus, I'll worship Your holy name
I'll worship Your holy name

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. I am so glad that I can come here for lyrics.
    It would be fantastic if you could upload the flute notes to these songs.

    ReplyDelete