Thursday, August 22, 2019

While I Wait, Yes I Will

While I Wait
Yes, I Will

2 valuable lessons I am trying to teach myself.

Earlier this year in June, I kicked off my running season for 2019. My goal was to run a 10 nautical mile (11.5 mile) race on at the end of August and then a 5K two weeks later. Unfortunately 2 months in and 2 weeks until race day, my season was brought to halt due to illness. The night I made the decision to postpone my run was actually the night beofre my birthday.

In July, I attended a concert with Vertical Worship, who is the artist of the song "Yes, I Will." When the song first started playing on the radio, I didn't think much of it. It wasn't until the day before the concert and hearing the song perfomred live that it started to make an impact.

I have no problem praising God when things are going great, but when things get tough, like saying "good-bye" to my marvel writings a few years ago (yes, it has been almost 3 years since that horrible day), I shut down and find it hard to praise Him. Sometimes I don't even had the words to say to him during my nightly prayer. That's why this song is so powerful to me, because it's a vauale lesson I need to learn.

"While I Wait" by Lincoln Brewster also represents me as I am waiting on a lot of things to happen: moving out and getting back to my marvel writings so  I can continue to share the gospel with the world, waiting to return to running, waiting for my dream job (medical coding), and waiting to return to dance again.

So for now:
Poka ya zhdu
Da, ya soglasen

Here are some of the lyrics to both of these songs.

"While I Wait"

I live by faith, and not by sight
Sometimes miracles take time

While I wait, I will worship
Lord, I'll worship Your name
While I wait, I will trust You
Lord, I'll trust You all the same

You're faithful every day
Your promises remain

Though I don't understand it
I will worship with my pain
You are God, You are worthy
You are with me all the way

So while I wait, I will worship
Lord, I'll worship Your name
Though I don't have all the answers
Still I trust You all the same
"Yes, I Will"

I count on one thing
The same God that never fails
Will not fail me now
You won't fail me now
In the waiting
The same God who's never late
Is working all things out
Is working all things out

Oh, yes I will, lift You high in the lowest valley
Yes I will, bless Your name
Oh, yes I will, sing for joy when my heart is heavy
For all my days, oh yes I will
For all my days, oh yes, I will

And I choose to praise
To glorify, to glorify
The Name of all names
That nothing can stand against

1 comment: